The Society is looking for a FOCIS member to take on the role of Blogger.
A blogger is someone who writes regularly for an online journal or website.
The Society wishes to leverage its presence across multiple digital platforms in order to engage more fully with its members, prospective members, and supporters.
The FOCIS Blog is part of the FOCIS website where news about FOCIS activities is presented: https://focis.org.au/
New items posted to the Blog are automatically posted to the FOCIS social media pages:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FOCISAust
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FOCISAust
- LinkedIn: https://twitter.com/FOCISAust
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/focisaust/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/FriendsofchurchillislandOrgAu
You don’t need to have any special skills in using any of those services as the process is automated. All you need to do is login to the FOCIS web site and submit an online form to publish a new Blog Post.
The main skills requirements are:
- Ability to gather information and news items of interest to FOCIS members, prospective members, and supporters.
- Basic word processing skills.
- Basic image editing skills, e.g. cropping, rotating, resizing of images.
You will be working with a team of people with extensive knowledge of Churchill Island who can assist in gathering content for the FOCIS Blog.
This is an excellent way to become more involved in the Society’s activities and contribute to the Society’s vitality.
If you are interested in taking on this role, or if you need more information, please contact the Webmaster, Tom O’Dea: