By submitting an online membership subscription or by submitting a paper-based application form, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
You also agree to be bound by the Society’s Constitution which can be viewed here: The Constitution
These terms and conditions apply to:
- New Memberships.
- Membership Renewals.
- Gift Memberships.
Principal Purpose of the Society
The principal purpose of the Society is:
The promotion of the moveable cultural heritage of Churchill Island..
Who is Eligible to be a Member?
Any person who supports the purposes of the Society is eligible for membership.
Application for Membership
Applications for membership may be made in such manner as the Executive Committee may from time to time approve.
The Society currently offers two choices for new memberships, membership renewals, or gift memberships:
- Online Payment.
- Paper Form and Payment by Cheque or Money Order.
Consideration of Application for Membership
- Applications for new memberships, membership renewals, or gift memberships are subject to the approval of the Executive Committee.
- We will notify you in writing of the Executive Committee’s decision as soon as practicable after the decision is made.
- Should the Executive Committee reject an application, the Treasurer will return any money accompanying the application to you.
- No reason need be given for the rejection of an application.
- The subscriptions payable by members, the periods in respect of which they are payable and the due date for payment shall be fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- If a new member joins after the start of a financial year, then:
(a) if the member joins in the first 9 months of the financial year the membership start date is back-dated to the start of the current financial year; but
(b) if the member joins in the last 3 months of the financial year the membership start date is forward-dated to the start of the next financial year.
- A member who fails to pay the appropriate subscription within 3 months of the due date shall cease to be a member on the expiry of that period but may, if the Executive Committee so decides from time to time, be entitled to receive until the expiration of a period fixed by the Executive Committee notices of meetings of and of events arranged by the Society.
Rights Not Transferable
The rights of a member are not transferable and end when membership ceases.
The membership of a person ceases on resignation, expulsion or death.
Resigning as a Member
- A member may resign by notice in writing given to the Society.
- A member is taken to have resigned if—
(a) the member’s annual subscription is more than 3 months in arrears; or
(b) where no annual subscription is payable—
(i) the Secretary has made a written request to the member to confirm that he or she wishes to remain a member; and
(ii) the member has not, within 3 months after receiving that request, confirmed in writing that he or she wishes to remain a member.
348 total views, 1 views today